Wednesday, September 7, 2011

North North West!

Great day of buggying followed by a short downwinder from Fort Stevens lot a. My neighbor met up with me at sunset and hopped in the buggy for the first time. He immediately was going up wind and had a blast! After the crew deserted the beach, we headed up to the shipwreck toe drop a car and headed to lot a for a short downwinder. Kelly joined us for his first time in the ocean. I was on the 12 flexi/150 mako, nigel was on a 9OR/138 and kelly was on the turbo 9/spleen door. Thermal wind on the beach at about 20, but it was about 15 on the water. Marginal for me on the 150. I ended up trying out the door and was able to at least hold ground even with the light north wind. Kelly did great for his first time, it always daunting to see waves over your head, and the current was a lot stronger than I had expected. An all-round funtastic day!

No comments:

Post a Comment